Tuesday 1 August 2017

TORN BETWEEN TWO PAULS


I don't know where I was or what was occupying my mind the whole time Logan and Jake Paul were taking the internet by storm. With over 9 million subscribers each and rising, it looks like the Pauls have ascended to the ranks of YouTube royalty. And once I found out how old they were (22 and 20 respectively) all I could think is how young they are, how I am old enough to be their mom. But curiosity got the better of me and suddenly I had to know exactly what I had been missing. If anything.


First, I had to listen to It's Everyday Bro. I needed to know if I would be just as perplexed as everyone else as to why it was so popular. And I was perplexed. But really I saw Jake Paul as a goofy little kid. Not just because of his age, but because of his whole demeanor. He was a little kid playing Rap Artist and looked like he was enjoying the ride. Basically, the song is okay. I enjoy the weird compilations that the song has spawned so much more.


Without going into too much of the backstory, these brothers had a massive falling out. So there were a few diss tracks flying about, but the one that really landed was Logan Paul's track called The Fall Of Jake Paul. Now that rap song was fucking amazing. As someone who can really appreciate how difficult it is to write decent rhymes and then execute them, I was blown away. On some level, I felt bad for Jake because I got the strong feeling that he could never produce a track that would beat Logan's. He just doesn't seem to have that edge, that darkness to him.


So am I a Jake Pauler or a member of the Maverick Logang? If I had to choose for whatever reason, I think I would become a Maverick. I can't identify with Jake's childlike aura at all. But Logan's darkness and edge? Hell ya. That's me all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?