Friday 30 June 2017

SEEKING PERMISSION


There is no guide to YouTube etiquette. There is also no guide to what will piss another creator off enough to flag your video. Or how you can get enough views to get monetized. Because right now it looks like I won't be monetized any time this calendar year.


The problem is that I think like an old YouTuber. You know, the YouTube before everything changed, back when it was a community. To me, we are all supposed to be a community and help each other out. Problem is, that's not what I am faced with anymore. The creators who "made it" don't deal with the peons who look up to them. At least that's been my experience these past few days.


I don't want to end up blacklisted by YouTube. As much as I whine about the things that are broken, I do enjoy posting my videos here, and this will always feel more like video-creating "home" more than anything else. So I asked permission of two creators to do a compilation of some of their material. Well, the first one didn't answer me but he could be busy. The second one hasn't answered me, but I am sure it's just a matter of time. YouTube is rife with compilation videos. Does no one else ask permission, especially if it's about a specific person? Do I look like an asshole right now? <sigh> Back to the drawing board.








No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?