Wednesday 8 November 2017

VLOGGER, THY NAME AIN'T TANYA



My name is Tanya. I am many things to many people, but I am not a vlogger. There is nothing wrong with vlogging; I just don't fall under that particular umbrella. 


I like producing film shorts. How are they different from a vlog, you may ask? Well, the fact that I don't say a single word in them is a good start. The shorts tend to be about a concept, not a concrete happening in reality. And I am not looking to communicate anything in these shorts other than an emotion or idea under the microscope of film.


My thumbnails for these film shorts are misleading. The word "vlog" is featured prominently on every thumbnail. But I am thinking of changing that. How can I expect people to see the difference between my film shorts and a standard vlog if I insist on using the wrong terminology myself?

If you want to check out my film shorts, you can find them here. And if you are a vlogger, way to go, keep doing you. And I will keep doing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?