Wednesday 26 April 2017

Some Tree-Hugging Hippie Crap

The day I stop evolving will be the day I stop living. I think that becomes a truth for everyone, whether they want to face it or not. But evolving as a person can be defined in a number of different ways. For me, it is the practice of always seeking a higher plane of self-awareness. Man, I really sound like a hippie from the 1960s. But maybe that's okay. Those hippies had some pretty good ideas. 
Today I produced my very first single of original music. HipHop music, to be more specific. The idea has been rolling around in my brain for a few days now. I had an internal battle with myself about the fact that I look nothing like someone who would produce HipHop. I don't think anyone has ever seen me and thought, "Hey, I bet she could put something together with the right beats." 
It was kind of a cool experience, actually. I composed the lyrics myself, as well as the singing that is featured on the track. I got the beats from one of the umpteen sites that Google listed as having free beats available. And I put it all together with the same software program I would use to make videos or song covers. 
If you have dreams, ideas or things you want to try, I recommend taking the plunge. Even if you fail somehow, at least you tried to make your ideas a reality. That's more than what many people do: doing the exact same things over and over until the sweet release of death. So you have to decide how you want to live, what you really want to try. We only get one trip on this merry-go-round. We might as well make the most of it. And if you are one of the people who offered me free beats on Twitter, get ready. Because here I come. 

My Latest Song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?