Sunday 28 May 2017

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL OF INSTAGRAM


It always saddens me when a formerly good site turns to crap. Let me explain. I am not claiming that the users are crap; I am saying that the people who run it would be better off in almost any other line of work.


Notice anything? The first picture is not a polar bear in a blizzard; the picture is not there at all. Some of you may be wondering Tanya, why don't you just delete it? and that is an excellent question. The simplest answer is that "it" won't let me. "It" is the third-party Instagram uploader who informed me, after uploading a blank square, that Instagram is not fond of people uploading more than one picture every 20 minutes. How very picky of Instagram.


I get the very definite impression that a whole bunch of apps these days cater to people with cell phones. I don't have a cell phone. So rather than miss out on the sites I want to be part of, I do a search and find ANOTHER app whose job is to upload pictures to Instagram for the pariahs who have no cell phone.



I am not trying to say that these sites should not cater to people who use Instagram on their cell phones, but what about the rest of us? I have a PC, an iPad, access to a Mac...I'm not exactly Amish here. Get your shit together, Instagram. I am getting really tired of jumping through hoops for you like a trained poodle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?