Wednesday 10 May 2017

FAT ACCEPTANCE IS A LIE!!!


If you know what I look like from the neck down, you may be surprised I am writing this. You shouldn't be. I see what this movement has done to overweight/obese individuals, and those who want to help them. 


While I am sure the fat acceptance folks would happily accept me into their little society, I want no part of it. I believe they are lying to themselves and everyone they encounter. Fat is not beautiful. Fat is not just another body type that we as a society should accept. And fat is most certainly not healthy. Anyone who tells you different is straight-up lying or trying to sell you something. 


As for me, there are reasons I ended up this big. But I am not here to make excuses for myself or other obese individuals. I blame the fat acceptance movement for the backlash that causes others to make jokes about overweight people and remind them on a regular basis that they are NOT beautiful and they WILL NOT be accepted by a large (if you'll pardon the pun) group of people that is growing all the time. Maybe if the fat acceptance people would stop getting in everyone's face about their size, it wouldn't annoy people like it does.


Surely it is better to be proactive and work on solving the problem, instead of devoting time and energy to a cause that should not even exist. I am fat. No, I am not happy about it. And no, I will not compound the problem by lying to myself and others by saying I am healthy. People are so eager to be sheltered from the truth. But the truth will find you in the end. Especially when you cast a large shadow everywhere you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?