Wednesday 17 May 2017

USE THE WHOLE SONG!!!


Wide awake at 6:30 this morning, I decided to sing a song. I find my voice is clearer and somehow more powerful at that time of day than any other. I picked a song I had done before: "Hello" by Adele. I was going to post it as an a cappella cover (no music). I recorded it with background music, but I was the only one who heard it. Scratch that - Smule heard it as well and gave me a score of over 30,000. I may have gotten a score that high on a cover once before, but definitely not more than that. The score results from the technical precision of your voice, the tone and tempo mostly. I had to make the most of it.


My first step was preparing and uploading the a cappella version. After that was through I made the accompanying video, which is basically a picture of me trying to look "hard". But I still did not want to let that song go. So I created a music video using the acoustic version that I sang to originally. I chose the film 500 Days Of Summer to find relevant clips and create the video (again with the acoustic version). Various versions of the same song were now available on several different sites. Only now could I let it go.


In school I learned about the natives who live in northern Canada and are called Inuit. We learned that they never wasted any part of the animals they killed. They used the meat for food, fur for clothing, and so on. I like to think I have a little of that spirit in me as well. So if you have listened to at least one version of "Hello" at the time you are reading this, thank you. I try my best to make a good thing last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?